Monday 27 March 2017

Ennerdale, Lake District


Recently myself and James went on another adventure. This time we set off for the Lake District. We had booked a small campsite in Ennerdale. When James said 'Ennerdale' for the first time I honestly thought he had said Emmerdale. Que me going 'eh??? we're going to Emmerdale?' close, but not quite.
We pitched our tent next to the river Liza which meant as the sun began to set a slight chill rolled in surrounding our camp.




Luckily, we had our BBQ made from an old oil drum and some chair legs to keep us warm - and fed!




The next morning we woke up super early due to the sound of woodpeckers and the stream. A breakfast of smoked salmon and poached egg - glamping obviously. With the suns on our faces and some picturesque views, we set off around the lake.



We stopped off half way to have lunch on the bridge. A balanced diet of nuts, olive bread and a mars bar to share, not very hygge. Dangling our feet over the edge, we welcomed the cool breeze. With crystal clear waters and absolutely breath taking views it was probably one of the best lunches I've ever had!





The walk took about 2-3 hours depending on how fast (or slow) you are and if you stop off at the bridge for a bite to eat. I honestly felt like I was on holiday. Now I'm suffering from holiday blues and I'm eager to plan our next adventure!

Have you ever been to the Lake District?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig