Wednesday 11 January 2017

Lifestyle | New Years Resolutions 2017


A New Year which means new goals and resolutions. I thought this year I'd write mine down somewhere so that I actually stick to them!

A good friend of mine said when making resolutions you mustn't make the resolution the end result. For example if your resolution was to 'run a marathon', if you told people this you would get instant gratification "WOAH YOU WANT TO RUN A MARATHON? GO YOU!". Gratification is what you want therefore by having it already your then unlikely to follow through with the resolution. Basically your resolution has to be a target which will in turn result in the end product. Keeping this in mind I've came up with 6 resolutions for 2016.

1. Go on more adventures
I've always loved the outdoors and traveling but I|'ve recently been going on a lot more adventures on the weekend rather than just going out drinking in town. (I sound like an alcoholic, promise i'm not). It's so nice to leave the city even just for a day. So this year I aim to travel more, even if it's just around the UK.

2. Make healthy choices
Possibly on everyone's resolution list? My diet is not horrendously bad and I do often opt for the salad as scary as this may sound, I actually like salad. *everyone gasps in horror*. But I want to become more active and just become a healthier person in general whether that be mind or body. As mental health is just as important.

3. Try not to stress as much.
Starting a new job in September was pretty stressful, not to mention its my first real big girls job meaning I'm an actual adult now. At the beginning of the year I was so stressed to the point I felt like I was having a constant heart attack. Obviously this is not healthy at all. It doesn't help the fact I'm a control freak and like things done a certain way. So this year I'm hoping to be a little more chill, I do realise there will be pockets of stress but the majority of the time I'm hoping to chill out.

4. Make an effort to be more tidy
If you know me personally, I'm literally the most untidy person you will ever meet. I dont know how it happens! I even read 'The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying Up' and it still didn't change me. So in order for me to tidy more, I'm going to prevent the mess from happening in the first place by being more tidy... Lets hope.

5. Conquer a fear.
In 2012 I had my first panic attack. Since then I've struggled with anxiety a lot. I'm slowly on the mend but I want to push myself out of my comfort zone this year. I recently spoke at a conference in front of 150 people and that was a HUGE deal for me. Afterwards I was so chuffed with myself and I would like the trend to continue. I feel like you learn so much from being pushed out of your comfort zone and become a stronger person. So this year I am going to do one of the following: Sky dive (just plain scary!!), go diving (fear of the ocean), give blood (fear of needles).

6. Read more.
I absolutely love to read but never make the effort to any more as work kind of takes over my life. But this year I am going to make a conscious effort to read more books! I feel like since I've left uni its all about books which let you improve yourself. It's all about reflection and progression (theres the teacher coming out in me).


Here's to 2017!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig