Sunday 13 March 2016

Lifestyle | Elephant Tea Rooms

If you've read my recent post about afternoon tea at Let There Be Crumbs, you'll know mine and my nanas great love for scones. So when The Elephant Tea Rooms opened in our town we knew we'd have to pay a visit.
With a big blue exterior and a fitting white elephant, it's hard not to miss!

 
Stepping inside the big blue building, is a quirky little tea room. With mismatched chairs, cups and sauces, crates as shelves and lots of fairy lights! Whats not to love?




We ummed and ahhed over the menue for a good 20 minutes. The selection of teas are vast. From good old English breakfast tea which my Nan went for, to herbal and fruit. I was spoilt for choice. The lovely waitress recomended the black almond and coconut tea. Which is black, if the name doesnt tell you, so you dont have milk with it. Perfect for me as I can't drink milk!

 Now the teas at The Elephant Tea Rooms dont come in teabag form, they come loose leaved which increases the intensity. We were given little strainers to pour our pots of tea through to catch all of the tea leaves which escape the teapot.


 It tasted absolutely amazing, almost like a cherry bakewell.

 Moving on to the most important part of the visit - the food. We ordered cheese scones as standard and decided to branch out and try the cakes as i'd heard good things. We wernt dissapointed either. I ordered the carrot cake which came with a cute little carrot on the top and my Nan went for 'death by chocolate' cake. Dont worry, she didnt die. They were both so moist and tasty. However too big to finish!



The pancakes looked amazing too, I'll have to go back and try them sometime.
Where's your favorite place to have tea?

You can find the Elephant Tea Rooms here:
72-74
Highstreet West
Sunderland
SR1 3

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. aww this looks like a cute little tea room. I miss that about the UK. Always time for tea and cake :)


    Elaine | Some Of My Favourite Things

    ReplyDelete

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig