Monday 29 February 2016

Lifestyle | London

Recently I visted London for the first time. Having lived in England for my whole 20 - almost 21 years of life and I've never visted the capital of my country is shameful. However that all changed two weeks ago as I boarded a National Express bus and traveled 8 painfully long hours to London.  
I stayed at the Clayton Crown hotel in Cricklewood. When booking this we didnt realise how long the walk was from the tube station. However such a beautiful hotel to stay in. The staff couldnt do enough for you.

The old stone exterior from The Crown pub nextdoor merging with the mordern glass exterior from the Clayton Crown complimented eachother, like ebony and ivory. Beautiful marble floors and a staircase to make you slightly dizzy! It was a heaven in the midst of the madness.








However our room was on the ground floor (reception was floor 2) and our view was of the hotel swimming pool. Now i'm all for pool view rooms on holiday but not when you have no windows for fresh air. I also dont like the fact anyone can view this pool with the blinds shut! Anyone could be watching you have a swim, makes me feel very uneasy. If you want to be woken up at 8am every morning, this rooms for you.




Our first night was spent getting very lost. Firstly, the tubes - how do you do this Londoners??! 90% of my time in London I was LOST. So many streets, so many times maps on my phone got us lost. Also dont be fooled first time London goers, you cant actually get up close and personal to No.10 Downing Street. A big metal fence and police with guns stand in the way. Very dissapointed, the One Direction video filled me with lies. 

 Heres me preparing for the day by covering my poor feet in plasters. Top tip, don't wear new shoes to walk long distances in. 

Our second day started off with an amazing breakfast at The Breakfast Club in Canary Wharf. You can see my blog post on that here. A trip to oxford street, a tea break in Soho, a stroll down Carnaby street, a brisk walk with hot chocolate through Green Park, a visit to see good old Liz and ended with a glass of wine at the shard. Oh and my very first Uber Ride!





 I loved London and need to go again! 
Wheres your favorite place in London?





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love this post! You need to go to Sloane Square next time you go & the Bluebird Cafe! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah I totally forgot about Bluebird Cafe! i'll have to go next time. So much to do, so ittle time. xx

      Delete
  2. i take it for granted being so close to London! looks like you had a fab time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky! Wish I lived closer. xx

      Delete

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig