Friday 29 January 2016

Let There Be Crumbs

My Nans not the materialistic sort of person so I find it extremely hard to buy for her, for her birthday. So I thought really hard and had a little eureka moment, afternoon tea!










Down at he sea front, attached to the Best Western Roker Hotel is a little tea room called Let There Be Crumbs.



Love anywhere with a play on words.



The quirky decor inside adds to the attraction of the place. We had a lush little view of the pier too, which was lovely as its been years since my nan has been down the beach. My pride and joy is also sneaking in to the picture, meet charlie everyone my little Corsa.





































It wasn't long before our afternoon tea came, accompanied with a glass of prosecco.



After toasting for my Nans birthday, we started off on the sandwiches while sipping on our glasses of prosecco.

Sones were next, this is when we christened the tea pot. You get unlimited re-fills of tea with the afternoon tea. We thought a good old English breakfast tea would do the job.







Id never actually had a fruit scone with clotted cream and jam before, I was a little bit apprehensive as I'm more of a cheese scone gal. However I was pleasantly surprised, good solid 7. Can I just mention that me and my Nan are regulars in Wilkinson cafe in town (dont judge, you know you've been to Wilkinsons with your nan before.) And dare I say it but these cheese scones were better than Wilkinsons... *gasps in horror*




Princess Pandora Ring (I know i'm wearing it the wrong way!)
Please excuse the felt tip marks on my hand. Id just been colouring in at uni before hand.
Storm Gertrude certainly wasn't kind on my hair today!

 Before finally moving on to the cakes. By this point we literally couldn't move.


You can find Let There Be Crumbs in Sunderland.

Roker Terrace, 
Tyne & Wear, 
Sunderland 
SR6 9NB


To book a table phone: 0191 567 1786

Afternoon tea is £13.95 or add a glass of prosecco for £18.95 (which is what we got)

Throughout January and February they have a 2 for 1 offer on afternoon tea! 
You have to have a Roker advantage card, however this can be bought on the day for  pound.
Unfortunately this is only for the normal afternoon tea, without the prosecco. Still a bargain!
SHARE:

1 comment

© Lau Anne. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig